Temporary Closure May 16 - 20
April 28, 2022
As announced on March 24th, the UMN Genomics Center (UMGC) will pause services at all of our locations (CCRB, NHH, Snyder, and 4Front) from Monday, May 16th to Friday, May 20th. UMGC staff will be tasked with re-organization and maintenance that were delayed during the pandemic, hence we will not be receiving or processing samples during this week (except for clinical samples).
With the closure less than three weeks away, here are additional details. All services will process samples up until the end of the day on Friday, May 13th, at which point:
- Sample Submission: All sample drop-off locations will be closed for sample submission. Please do not ship samples to arrive between May 16th - 20th.
- Oligo Orders: This service – which is largely run by IDT – will be uninterrupted. Researchers will be able to order oligos through our online ordering system. Oligos received from IDT will be distributed to NHH, CCRB, and Snyder and available for pick up at their usual times.
- NGS Data Release: The final Illumina and PacBio sequencing runs on Friday, May 13th, and Saturday, May 14th, will have data released during the closure. Sequencing instruments will be paused May 16th - 20th.
- Data Analysis Services: Data analysis for GBS, microbiome, and Var-Seq datasets will continue during the closure. Any impacts on other data analysis will be communicated to individual PIs.
- Sanger Sequencing: To ensure sample processing is completed by Friday, May 13th, please have Sanger samples in Snyder Hall by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 12th. Samples will need to be submitted by 2:00 p.m. in CCRB and 1:30 p.m. in NHH on May 12th to make the courier cutoff times to Snyder Hall.
- Single Cell and Spatialomics: Cell suspensions should be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 11th for single cell services. The DIY bench for 10X Visium library prep will be unavailable starting Thursday, May 12th.
- DIY Services: Self-service instruments will be unavailable during the closure.
We thank you in advance for understanding our need to pause sample receiving and processing the week of May 16th - 20th, and we encourage you to contact a service manager for specific details on your project's timing. Normal operations will resume on Monday, May 23rd.
UMN Genomics Center