About the UMGC
The University of Minnesota Genomics Center (UMGC) provides genomic technologies and services to researchers and clinicians at the University of Minnesota, and to external academic and industry scientists throughout the United States and internationally. We exist to advance the use of genomics, and achieve this mission by acquiring state-of-the-art instrumentation and offering an array of complete services, including sequencing, Next-generation Sequencing, long-read sequencing, expression analysis, genotyping, epigenomics, single-cell genomics, metagenomics, as well as related support services such as nucleic acid extraction and quality control. We strive to keep pace with the ever-broadening world of “omics” technologies and to expand our role at the University and the wider biotech community.
What we do
- assess and acquire emerging technologies to drive life science research
- advise clients on appropriate technology for research goals
- provide genomic research services for UMN investigators and external companies on a fee-for-service basis
- develop novel genomic approaches through our own R&D and in collaboration with clients
- support clinical translation of genomics at University of Minnesota Health
- translate discoveries in genomics to the founding of knowledge-based companies in the State of Minnesota
Genomics technologies evolve at a rapid pace. The efficient and well-planned evaluation and acquisition of new instrumentation is paramount in maintaining a competitive advantage for UMN researchers and external clients.