Upcoming Webinar on UMGC Updates
The University of Minnesota Genomics Center (UMGC) invites you to a webinar to hear Dr. Kenny Beckman, Director of the UMGC, present on new technologies and services, new rates, and organizational changes to the UMGC.
Presentation topics include:
- Introduction of our two-tier services model with both standard (low-cost) and expedited (fast turnaround) options, to ensure that users with a need for more rapid turnaround time have that option.
- Details on our on rate increases and discuss the possibility of eliminating or outsourcing some legacy services as part of a transition to a more NGS-centric focus.
- Discussion of spatial genomics platforms, our Illumina NextSeq 2000 instrument, and new tools for single-cell genomics.
- Overview of more frequent training and education seminars and user groups meetings in the coming year.
- Details on our recent move of about 20 of our staff and most of our external services to a facility east of the Twin Cities, in Oakdale, MN.
- Lastly, we will encourage – and be happy to answer – questions from attendees.
Date: Friday, October 1, 2021
Time: 10 - 11:00 a.m.